CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if any of the details you provide to us should change, during the course of your relationship with us.
USERS OF OUR SERVICES
Our online bookings service and the online functions of our websites are only intended for users aged 13 years and over, so please do not use them if you are under 13 years old. As part of the booking process, we will ask for the age and/or date of birth of any persons under 18 years of age within the party. This information is collected so that we can ensure that your reservation complies with the supplier’s Terms and Conditions. This information is not used for any other purpose.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
A) Identity Data: This includes data relating specifically to your identity, such as your first and last name and age.
B) Contact Data: This includes data relating to how you may be contacted, such as your address, email address and telephone numbers.
C) Financial Data: This includes data relating to your means and methods of payment, such as your bank account and payment card details.
D) Transaction Data: This includes data relating to the transactions you have carried out with us, such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
E) Technical Data: This includes more technical data that we may obtain when you make use of our website, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
F) Usage Data: This includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
G) Special Categories of Personal Data: During our interactions we may collect special categories of personal data about you as detailed below. This may be inadvertently revealed as the result of a group you travel with, or it may also be because you want us to know certain personal data in order that we can provide you with the best possible service and advise you whether a trip is suitable for you. Health is one of the best examples of this.
E.g. If we receive a group booking from a specific religious association, we will inadvertently have details of religious beliefs of those individuals. The same can be said for special dietary requests on religious grounds, or bookings from groups with political or ethnic associations.
E.g. We are sometimes asked whether certain facilities can be arranged in a villa which discloses certain medical conditions.
We collect and process the above data only where it is strictly necessary to do so. Furthermore, we will only collect and process the above special categories of sensitive personal data where you have provided us with your explicit consent to do so.
You are not under any obligation to consent to us processing your sensitive personal data.
If you are happy to consent to our use of your sensitive personal data, you will also be able to withdraw your consent at any time.
H) Marketing and Communications Data: This includes your preferences in relation to whether or not you want to receive marketing from us and our third parties and also your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
3. HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
A) Direct interactions
You may give us your Identity, Contact, Profile and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- navigate the website, search for, price up, or make an enquiry about villa or other related accommodation or concierge services;
- complete a villa accommodation booking form;
- subscribe to our newsletter or other publications;
- interact with one of our Social Media pages (e.g. Twitter or Facebook);
- request information about local activities and villa services to be sent to you;
- contact us via text message to make arrangements for your arrival into a villa or view a villa before making a reservation;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give us some feedback about your stay;
- provide financial details for the refund of your breakages deposit;
- send us a message via SMS, iMessage or Whatsapp in relation to your booking or potential booking.
B) Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
We collect this personal data by using cookies server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies (see further information below);
C. Third parties
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below: – Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- usage data to improve and customise your online experience with us stored within our website database based both within EU.
- advertising networks and personalisation software such as Google Ad Words,Facebook and Bing based inside and outside the EU;
D. Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Stripe and Paypal based both inside and outside EU.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To provide a high quality and relevant service to you
- To improve our services for you and to tailor our products and services to your requirements
- Where we need to set up or are in the process of setting up a contract between you and the property owner (supplier).
- Where we need to respond to a request for information from you, such as pricing and availability of villas, or supplementary services from our concierge partners.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To provide the Supplier of your accommodation or concierge services with the required information to process and fulfill your booking and to send you service related emails and text messages for your booking.
- We will also use these details to send you a follow-up email after your holiday, to check that you were satisfied with your holiday.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us at if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.